HOW IT WORKS
People like to work in different ways.
Some of our clients like to drive the process; others like for us to navigate.
Whatever role you’d like to take, rest assured we are flexible and adaptable.
We’re here for your desired design and decorating results, not ours.
We always begin with a complimentary consultation so that we can assess,
prioritize and talk over the best course of action for you.
Because no project is exactly the same, we bill our services in a few different ways.
From the initial consultation until the last piece of artwork is hung, a Design Project Plan is the traditional framework by which we work most often.
Tell us what your goals and budget are, we then handle all the behind scenes planning, present you with carefully considered options, refine, and handle everything from ordering through delivery.
We estimate the hours to complete your project and the retainer is equal to half the estimated amount. When the project is completed, the remaining balance is due. For projects spanning multiple months, billing occurs at the end of the month, net 10.
When you need just minor updating, to add a piece or two, or you’d like to work at your own pace, we provide feedback, expertise, and direction.
Frequent requests include:
- Coordinating fabrics, finishes, and flooring
- Selecting kitchen counter and backsplash materials
- Updating window treatments and blinds
- Creating floor plans and lighting plans
- Guidance and advice at popular stores such as Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Arhaus, and Walter E. Smithe
- Artwork planning, and accessory placement
We love “special requests” too. No unusual inquiry is too odd to us, really!
If you also choose to purchase merchandise through us, a portion of design fees paid are applicable towards purchase!
Paint & Color Consultation
Choosing paint colors for your home is one of the most confusing tasks to many homeowners. It’s also one of the least expensive ways to radically change the feel of your space. If you don’t have a preferred contractor, we can refer you to reputable painters and wall covering hangers that we’ve used, seen the quality of their work, and can vouch for it.
Paint & Color Plan projects are
usually a three step process:
- Initial Meeting: gather pictures, take note of your color preferences, discuss options for paint and wall treatments.
- Color Palette Meeting: We meet again to present at least three distinct palettes. We then refine and send large paint samples for you to see in different times of the day.
- Final meeting: further refine paint selections, adjust, and order different colors if necessary.
When you need everything detail considered and specified from the ground up, by-the-square foot pricing is best for clients who are embarking on new construction or commercial projects.